Its spring so I decided to create a fruity mango body butter. This is a rich, creamy and moisturising body butter – great for sensitive skin and wonderful to get your skin ready for spring/summer!
Here are just a few of the benefits of Mango butter:
- Skin Soothing properties
- Deeply Moisturising
- Provides Natural UV protection
- Powerful Anti-oxidant
- Strong Anti-inflammatory properties
- Promotes Healing
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 200g Cocoa Butter
- 100g Mango Butter
- 100g Coconut Oil
- 50ml Vitamin E Oil
- 50ml Jojoba Oil
- 100g Aloe Vera gel
- 400g moisturising cream base
(I use a cream base because this gives my body butter an extra moisturising effect. This cream has its own natural blend as well as emulsifiers and preservatives to keep the mixture stable.)
This recipe consists of 2 main parts: the moisturising cream base & an oil blend.
- Melt the cocoa butter using a double boiler (this can take a while so do this first)
- Once the cocoa butter has melted remove the cocoa butter from the double boiler
- Add the mango butter and coconut oil
- Mix and blend the oils until they are well combined.
- Add the vitamin E oil and jojoba oil
Moisturising cream base:
- Combine the cream base and aloe vera gel until it is well blended.
Combine the cream base & Oil Blend:
- Add 1/3 of the oil blead at a time to the cream base
- Mix thoroughly before adding more of the oil mixture.
- Add the cream to clean and dry cosmetics containers.
This step can get a little messy but thats part of the fun! Be sure to reuse old, washed and dry containers where possible. Its safe to use PET plastic containers, or glass jars. Be sure not to fill containers that contained irritants or toxic materials such as bleach jars, washing powder dispensers or strong cleaning materials.
This recipe makes 1litre of body butter, so use half measures for 500ml.
This is a great recipe for dry sensitive skin, and a great way to get your skin ready for spring/summer after the sunless months!
#BeYOUtiful #MAUASkin #Naturalbeauty